Our HomeownerSelect program helps you reduce Lender Placed insurance (LPI) by providing a product that can help your customers get better insurance cover at a lower price. The program provides:
- Homeowners insurance with coverages for the dwelling, personal property, loss of use, personal liability and medical payments to others
- A gateway product to help move borrowers to traditional homeowner products and cover
- An insurance limit that will match the last known coverage amount up to $5m
- Investors and servicers benefit from reduced corporate advancement of funds
- Also available as flood insurance with more comprehensive coverage than lender placed
The program is administered by our sister company Highland Insurance Solutions LLC. Click here for details
Here are the Top 10 Facts why HomeownerSelect will put you and your customers in a better place:
- Responds to mortgage industry's need to reduce the lender-placed insurance customer population
- Offers a quick, easy, and convenient way for customers to accept a HomeownerSelect policy
- Provides meaningful cost savings vs. lender-placed insurance
- Compliant with state insurance regulations
- One- to four-family owner-occupied dwellings are instantly eligible
- Complies with UDAAP (Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts and Practices) standards
- Covers the dwelling, personal property, loss of use and personal liability of your customer
- Provides greater access to fully underwritten homeowners insurance
- Insures up to $5 million per property location
- Serves customers through a dedicated Call Center and a nationwide network of licensed insurance agents
South Pasadena Office
899 El Centro Street
South Pasadena, CA 91030
HomeownerSelect® and Broker Services contacts
As President of the HomeownerSelect and Broker Services Division, Robert Shekell is responsible for the strategic growth of WNC’s consumer-centric lender-placed insurance alternative product. Before joining WNC in July 2016, Robert worked at QBE Insurance Group for 17 years where he held many leadership roles, including Director of Client Development, Operations, Executive of Best Shores Global Operations and Director of Account Management and Industry Relations.
At QBE, Robert was also responsible for client advocacy and best practices while initiating and facilitating strategic industry initiatives. Through more than 15 years of membership on the Loan Administration Committee of the Mortgage Bankers Association, Robert has been instrumental in helping to modernize and protect the mortgage servicing and hazard insurance industries.
Further, Robert has held senior leadership roles in Corporate Training, Escrow Administration, and Default Management. He has been active in the Institute of Financial Education and was President of the Los Angeles Chapter for two terms and an instructor for six years, teaching among others, the fundamentals of Mortgage Loan Servicing and Loan Originations. Robert also authored a First-time Homebuyers Program that was used nationwide to facilitate minority homeownership.
Senior Vice President, Business Development, HomeownerSelect and Broker ServicesDownload vCard
Scott Phillips joined WNC in 2019 as Senior Vice President of Business Development. In his role, he is responsible for driving strategic growth opportunities and developing new client relationships for WNC’s HomeownerSelect and Broker Services Division.
Prior to joining WNC, Scott served in a variety of roles of increasing responsibility for USRES, an industry leader for real estate owned (REO) disposition, appraisal management services and the parent company to RES.NET, an REO enterprise platform. As Director of Sales, he set the strategic guidance for the company’s sales initiatives to align with quarterly revenue goals. By targeting strategic sales opportunities with banks, servicers and mortgage lenders, Scott developed and managed relationships with more than 300 accounts nationwide. He also held positions of National Account Manager, Regional Account Manager and Inside Sales Manager Liaison while there. Previously, Scott also served in sales related roles with Forest Pharmaceuticals and Gallo Wine Company.
Scott holds a Master of Business Administration in finance from Pepperdine Graziadio Business School and a Bachelor of Science in business administration, with a double emphasis in management and marketing from Chapman University.